Thursday, October 30, 2008

Heart of America Conference




This conference is coming up in Kansas City November 13-15th and the information on it may be found at http://heartofamericachristianwriters.com/. Client Mark Littleton has prevailed upon me to be a late substitution for Agent Les Stobbe, who will be unable to attend. It will be held at the Emmanuel Baptist Church, 10100 Metcalf, in Overland Park, KS. The conference features a stellar lineup of editors, agents, and industry professionals, and the list of topics being covered by the faculty is a very strong program indeed. I hope to see you there.

I just got back from the Glorieta Christian Writers Conference where I had a chance to connect with clients Deb Van Horn (top above) and Trish Porter (lower picture above). Trish’s new book from Bridge-Logos entitled “Rekindle Your Dream” is now in the final edit phase and will hit the stand in early 2009. Trish is the current National and World senior women’s high jump record holder. A former member of the US Olympic Team, after many years Trish decided her dream just wasn’t over and came out of sports retirement with amazing success. Her book speaks to women who may have set their dreams aside for home or career and encourages them that it is never too late to rekindle that dream.
Today is Jennifer Hudson Taylor's birthday and I just called her with a great present. Abingdon just accepted her book Promised Blessings. Happy Birthday Jennifer, and congratulations.

I also want to congratulate Tammy Barley as we just negotiated a three book deal for her at Whitaker House, and further congratulations to Amy Alessio as she brings out a new non-fiction in conjunction with the American Library Association.

I’ve launched my new career as a cover model as my friend Donald Parker asked me if he could use my picture on the cover of his new book. Seems he thinks I might look a lot like the protagonist in “Angels of Interstate 29.” There’s a book trailer on it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OlN8EQ3ZY but in all honesty I don’t see this as an ongoing career strategy for me.

No comments: