Friday, April 29, 2011

Interview of client Raquel Byrnes

Featuring Raquel Byrnes

Interview of Raquel by Anne K Albert at http://anne-k-albert.blogspot.com re-posted by permission:

Raquel lives in Southern, California with her husband of sixteen years and their six children. She considers inspirational fiction a wonderful way to minister to others. She writes romantic suspense with an edge-of-your-seat pace. Her first book of the Shades of Hope Series, PURPLE KNOT, is set to release from White Rose Publishing.com later this year.


Welcome Raquel! I’m so glad you could take time away from your busy life to drop by for a visit. What one or two lines best sums you up as an author?

Raquel - Inspirational romance with an edge-of-your-seat pace.

Anne - What activity consumes your time when you’re away from the keyboard?

Raquel - I homeschool my six children which takes up the bulk of my time.

Anne – Tell us about your most recent release.

Raquel – My debut novel, Purple Knot, introduces spunky private detective “Rain” Cruz who joins her ex-fiancĂ© to track down her best friend’s killer.


Anne - Is there a message in Purple Knot you want readers to grasp?

Raquel - I want readers to know that you don’t have to be perfect to be a Christian; that ours is a God of grace and second chances.

Anne - Describe your home office as appears right now. Is this a good or bad thing?!

Raquel - I write in our homeschool room because that is where I spend most of the day. My counter has a half-finished Egyptian sarcophagus, a collage my daughter is working on, and research in various states of completion. Its controlled chaos and I love it.

Anne - Do you belong to any writer’s organizations, critique groups, and/or depend on beta readers?


Raquel - I meet twice a month with a critique group I co-founded called Sunday Morning Romance Writers. I also attend the San Diego Christian Writer’s Guild critique group in Temecula.


Anne - Of all the characters you’ve created, does one hold a special place in your heart? Why?

Raquel - I think Summer Corbeau, Rain’s best friend in Purple Knot, has the most pull on my heart. I’ve had friends in real life that have gone through what she did and all I could do was pray and hope. She rings true to me.

Anne - Are you a glass half-empty or half-full kind of person?

Raquel - More like suspiciously eyeing the glass and wondering if I’ve been poisoned.

Anne – Ah-ha! Not surprising that you write romantic suspense, then! Do you have any words of advice for struggling, unpublished writers?

Raquel - Hone your craft. Give yourself time to improve, but keep getting better. The key to publication is a well written story.

Anne - Outside of writing, what accomplishment are you most proud?

Raquel - I’m most proud of my children. They are sweet young people with a heart for the Lord. Nothing can surpass that.

Anne –I’d like to conclude the interview by mentioning you can read more about Raquel on her website or her blog.

Thanks so much for dropping by today, Raquel, and congratulations on the upcoming release of Purple Knot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raquel and Terry, wishing you both all the success in the world!