Thursday, January 10, 2013

Off the grid

Yes, I'm pretty much off the grid and have been that way for a couple of days. It's amazing how much we come to depend on these computers and how much it impacts our lives when we don't have them. My work computer had something of a meltdown and while I can do a few things on this travel computer, much of what I need to do is on it. They are working on it and I expect to get it back later today. Hopefully with problems resolved.

It has been warning me but I was too busy to listen. I've had some email snafus where I lost some messages, but I was trying to resolve email pproblems and didn't realize there was an underlying computer problem causing it. So it has kinda had me off the grid for a couple of days and even if I get it back tomorrow won't be much different as I will be at the hospital with Saundra for some minor surgery. Amazing how quickly life makes adjustments to what we consider 'normal'.

I'm not sure what sort of things will be involved in getting back up to speed when I get the computer back. It was an operating system problem and they just upgraded it while they were at it so I'm relatively sure adjustments will need to be made and pretty sure some email loss will be involved as well. These things are such a blessing when they work right and such a curse when they don't.

Hopefully things will return to normal soon, and I solicit your prayers for Saundra tomorrow. I've been told there is no such thing as 'minor' surgery when someone is taking a scapel to us ourselves or to someone we love. I'd say that is true. I am anxiously awaiting the results of the surgery . . . on Saundra . . . and to a lesser extent on my computer.

No comments: