Friday, August 29, 2008

Got my new cover





Just got an image of the cool new cover for "Beyond the Smoke," the new young adult western coming out from BJU Press in January. I like it a lot and I'm told that the young man on the cover is in high school, single and unattached. The back cover blurb reads:


They were all dead.
No one alive in the whole wagon train.
He was alone.


When Bryan Wheeler’s parents are killed by Comanche raiders, he wonders how he will survive without them. With a few supplies, two guns, and his mother’s Bible, he sets out to create a new life for himself in the western wilderness.
Beyond the Smoke is the story of one young man’s adventures in the Wild West.

Juvenile Fiction/WESTERNSISBN 978-1-59166-929-69 781591669296


I also just signed a contract with Treble Heart Books for A Promise Kept release date not yet announced but it will be in the coming year. I'm about half way through a ghostwriting job for a publisher that will be out in the coming year, without my name on it of course.


Even though I spend most of my time working for my clients, I am trying to keep my own writing alive.





7 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

What a great-looking cover and an intriguing story intro. Congratulations!

Alison Bryant
Carlsbad, New Mexico

Terry Burns said...

Thanks Alison - my son and his familt are about to leave Carlsbad coming up for the weekend - small world.

Alison Bryant said...

It is a small world! I hope it's a safe trip for them and that y'all have a great weekend. We're heading south ourselves, back into God's country.

I'm going to the Glorieta writers' conference this year and saw your name on the faculty list. I look forward to hearing your "Too Shy" session.

Take care!

Alison Bryant

Jennifer Gladen said...

Nice Cover, Terry! It catches interest.

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Great cover! A bit mysterious. Thanks for sharing.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Go, New Mexicans!

Terry, I love the cover. I think this novel may be about to engage in very successful outreach out to a younger female demographic. :-)

Edward Hancock II said...

Super Impressive cover! And the book sounds incredibly interesting! Won't comment on the young man gracing the cover for more reasons than I care to name, but the cover itself is beautiful! I can't wait to buy it for my son and steal it from his room when he's not looking!