Thursday, January 1, 2009

Year End Report


I thought I might do a wrap-up for the year. It was a pretty good year but never as good as I would like, of course. First, the overall numbers: I have 50 clients and sent out 474 submissions on their behalf. 153 of those are still active. 25 projects sold which is 16% of the projects we received a response on. During the year I looked at 1301 submissions.

Amy Alessio’s “A Year of Programs for Teens” sold to the American Library Association with Kim Patton as a co-author on the project. She also has an offer from another library related publisher to do a title for them.

Max Anderson was included in “Layups and Long Shots”

Linda Apple is doing a work-for-hire book for Dan Case on how to write inspirational writing.

Tammy Barlay’s “On the Wings of the Storm” Trilogy to Whitaker

Graham Garrison’s “Tribute” sold to Kregel

Mark Littleton 5 book series “Angel Quintet,” a second 5 book series “Coulter Mountain,” and a stand alone title “The Impossible Years” sold to Capstone.

Brenda Nixon’s “Birth to Five” book sold to Baker (Revell_) and she is to be included in “A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts” and “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Like Mother, Like Daughter Our 101 BEST Stores.

Trish Porter’s “Rekindle Your Dreams” sold to Bridge-Logos

Jennifer Hudson Taylor’s “Promised Blessings” to Abingdon.

Jill Williamson’s “By Darkness Hid” sold to Marcher Lord Press with an option for two more titles

My own Titles, “Beyond the Smoke” sold to BJU Press, I finished ghostwriting a young adult title, and Mountainview Press will do a reprint of my “To Keep a Promise” with 30,000 increased word count tentatively re-titled “A Promise Kept”

I anticipate 2009 will get off to something of a slow start with the current economy and most publishers are looking for 2010 publishing dates now. I believe it is going to be a good year, however and look forward to working with clients and editors alike.

2 comments:

Jefferson Scott said...

Congratulations on a great year, Terry. And my 2009 exceed your expectations.

Jeff

Avily Jerome said...

Best wishes for a successful new year, Terry!